Dapto Public School logo

Dapto Public School

Dapto Public School

We work as a team

Telephone02 4261 2247



We are taking 2025 enrolments!


Starting school

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if he/she turns five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Because students start new work in their new class at the beginning of the school year, it would be an advantage for your child both socially and educationally, to start school as soon as possible in the new year.



Local Zoned Intake Area - Drawing Area

Our school accepts all children from within our local zoned intake area. A non-local application can be made for students not living within the local zoned intake area. This map is a guide. Please contact the school if you are near the border.



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

How to enrol - Year 6 into Year 7

In NSW government schools, applying to move from primary school to high school is a 2-step process that starts with an Expression of Interest. Visit the moving to high school page to learn more about the process.

  • If you have received an offer from our school for placement into Year 7 next year, the next step is to visit online enrolment to proceed with the offer and complete the enrolment application.
  • If you did not submit an expression of interest or are not eligible, visit online enrolment to start a new application to our school.
  • If you submitted your expression of interest using a paper form, or would prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form.

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.


Applying to enrol in primary school

If your child is currently enrolled in a NSW public school, contact us to discuss the enrolment procedures and obtain the necessary paperwork.

If your child is coming from a non-government school, contact us to make an appointment to discuss your child's potential enrolment.


Enrolment appointments

The Principal will conduct a short interview with each new appointment.  For your appointment, if your child has not been previously enrolled in a NSW public school, you will need to bring these documents with you:

  • your child's birth certificate or identity documents
  • proof of student's address - compliant with the Department's Residential Address Check.
  • Immunisation history statement based on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (accessed through myGov).
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable).

If your child is not a permanent resident you will also need to provide:

  • passport or travel documents
  • current visa and previous visas (if applicable).

For children already enrolled in a NSW public school we require:

  • proof of student's address - originals of different documents such as your council rates notice or residential lease and electricity bill
  • family law or other relevant court orders (if applicable)
  • please also bring child's birth certificate for us to sight.

It's important that you tell the principal if your child has any special circumstances, allergies, health or medical conditions before your child starts school.

After your appointment with us, you may be asked to complete an application to enrol in a NSW public school form and return it to us. We will notify you of the result of your application. Please note that this form must be completed in English. Help is available for parents who do not read English. There are also translations of the enrolment application which may help you fill out the form in English.


New residential address check

This year, the department introduced a 100-point residential address check to facilitate consistency in establishing a child's entitlement to enrol in their local school. Upon applying for enrolment at Dapto Public School, you will need to provide copies of documents from the list below that total 100 points.

Document showing the full name of the child's parent Points

1. Only one of (i.e. no additional points for additional documents)

  1. Council rate notice
  2. Lease agreement through a registerd real estate agent for a period of at least 6 months or rental board bond receipt
  3. Exchanged contract of sale with settlement to occur within the applicable school year

2. Any of the following:

  1. Private rental agreement for a period of at least 6 months
  2. Centrelink payment statement showing home address
  3. Electoral roll statement
20 each

3. Any of the following documents

  1. Electricity or gas bill showing the service address*
  2. Water bill showing the service address*
  3. Telephone or internet bill showing the service address*
  4. Drivers licence or government issued ID showing home address*
  5. Home building or home contents insurance showing the service address
  6. Motor vehicle registration or compulsory third party insurance policy showing home address
  7. Statutory declaration stating the child's residential address, how long they have lived there, and any supporting information or documentation of this.
15 each



Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.